in the kitchen

in the kitchen

Monday, January 28, 2013

Lamb's Ear Lettuce Salad w/ Blood Oranges

As promised here is my 8 year old granddaughter's recipe. This is so exciting for me-my original post was about my grandfather's cooking and now my granddaughter is cooking! Life spins ever onwards. All of my children can cook--it is just part of our family culture--and a good part. So I assume that most, if not all, of my grandchildren will learn to feed themselves, and others, well.

Lamb’s lettuce salad with Blood oranges
Vogerlsalat mit Blutorangen
Lettuce, lambs ear or watercress type preferred
Blood oranges cut into sections
Orange bell pepper
Lena's Vinaigrette
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp chopped basil, (frozen if not available fresh)
salt and pepper to taste
liquid sweetener, as desired
Add all ingredients into a shaker, shake well, pour over salad or serve on the side.

Already Lena is using her imagination to create great food. She is receiving great training (way to go Amy and Claus!) and loves to help--most of the time. I can hardly wait to cook with her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment