in the kitchen

in the kitchen

Friday, July 8, 2016

Quesadillas with Stilton Cheese

Who does't love quesadilla goodness! Quick to make and always delicious. Kids love them and so do adults. This particular version works equally as well as a snack, appetizer or even dessert. Using a uniquely flavored cheese is the difference here and gives this quesadilla it's appeal.
Stilton Mango Ginger Quesadilla 
1/2 teaspoon butter
2 corn tortillas
1 1/2 ounces White Stilton cheese with Mango and Ginger
Honey for drizzling, optional
Heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Melt butter in pan. Crumble cheese onto one tortilla then cover with the other tortilla. Place quesadilla in pan and cook on one side for about 2 minutes. Flip over and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve hot with a drizzle of honey if desired.
Hints: Costco carries this cheese in the summer. I like the pale white corn tortillas but the yellow variety is just as good in this dish. I tend to push down on the top with the turner as the quesadilla are cooking so that I can tell when the cheese is melted. It is best when the tortillas brown up a bit.
I love these for lunch--really good and really quick. I love them for dessert with a few fresh berries or peaches. I love them for a snack in the evening with a glass of soda water and orange twist. I think I would even eat then for breakfast. I have tried quesadillas with other cheeses besides cheddar and this is by far my favorite. Try them and let me know what you think!



1 comment:

  1. I was a little bit skeptic at first, but these are really quite good! Thanks Mom!

    ReplyDelete